Friday, March 4, 2011

Jang Geun Suk-“I’m happy to be Ha Neul’s pet.” in the Korean remake of "Kimi wa Petto" or You're My Pet!

What a fun Jdrama this was, and I can't wait to see the Korean Movie!
Personally I think Sukies playful nature is perfectly suited for this role. As I have stated before, this is one of my favorite Jdramas ever. The story goes a little like this, social inept business woman finds Momo (pets name, not sure which name they will use in the remake) in a cardboard box after breaking up with her long time fiancee and decides to keep him as a pet...literally. Momo himself is running from his estranged and controlling family to pursue a dancing career. They both spend a lot of time running, including away from each other! However there is a happy and satisfying ending to the story (at least in the Jdrama and original manga).
Can't wait to see how this plays out in the Korean Movie remake!

Korean movie remake of “Kimi wa Petto” holds launch event in Japan

Lead actors for the Korean film remake (left) and the original Japanese drama of "Kimi wa Petto".
Via tokyohive:
On March 3rd, the cast of the Korean “Kimi wa Petto” film remake attended a launch event in Japan’s Ibaraki Airport.
“Kimi wa Petto” (You’re My Pet), based on a manga of the same name, was made into a hit drama in 2003, starring model/actress Koyuki and Arashi’s Matsumoto Jun, and the same roles will be portrayed by actors Kim Ha Neul and Jang Geun Suk in the remake. In the original story, the male character becomes the ‘pet’ of the female protagonist after being found abandoned in a cardboard box.
The two lead actors attended the promotional event along with band group FT Island’s Choi Jong Hun and director Kim Byeong Kon. The cast met with around 3000 fans.
From left to right: Kim Ha Neul, Jang Geun Suk, and Choi Jong Hun
Kim told the press, “Jang Geun Suk, who is a great actor, also has a cute charisma that suits a ‘pet‘.” Jang replied, “I’m happy to be Ha Neul’s pet.”
Filming for the movie will begin in the city of Ibaraki in May.
Source: WoWKorea via goo & Yomiuri Online
Source:allkpop

2 comments:

  1. Well, I am looking forward to see this too.I really like jang guen suk too. So I would watch it anyway,lol. I am going to watch the original jdrama this coming week, because I am on spring break until the 15th. So, now I have sometime to catch up with my kdrama and jdramas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh cool! Kimi wa Petto is pretty different from kdrama, some people have a hard time, Jdrama is not like kdrama, but, I guess I am use to it because I watched way more Jdrama. Of course once I started watching kdrama I fell in love with it lol. Since the Korean is a movie, I hope it won't be too hard to watch it. Let me know when you are watching so we can chat about it! ^.^

    ReplyDelete