Monday, January 16, 2012

Kids React to Kpop - Linzer Dinzer Reacts to Kids React - Can't we all just get along? MMR! Commentary

YOUTUBE!!! It's a magical place!
Oh babies >.< Lets watch the video before I get on my soapbox...
Kids React to K-pop

Uploaded by on Jan 8, 2012

To be fair, I did watch a few of these 'Kids React' videos because I wanted to get a better feel for the kids themselves, because quite frankly I was kind of outraged and dismayed. So after I calmed down a bit, let me just say that everyone is entitled to their own opinion and I guess now I can appreciate their raw views and comments. 'Kids say the darnedest things' And to be fair there are a few gems here, like the Youtube comment and 'Tokio Hotel' I'm semi-impressed that one of the kids were even AWARE of them. Also that the kids were pc enough to say Asian. Hell one of the kids even knew Kpop stood for Korean Pop! 
Some of the things I DIDN'T like..."they all look the same" and " I want to listen to music I can understand" and "they look Emo" Super Junior? Emo? Seriously? I could see if it was a picture of SHINee doing Lucifer, they have even been called 'Gothic Lite' by foreign press which I found interesting but, Super Junior? I'm baffled.
I guess I'm most dismayed by the lack of open mindedness. Change is hard, I guess even kids are scared of things that are different. I really thought (hoped?) that each new generation would be more accepting than the last. I guess I'm delusional.....
"Can't we all just get along?".....*big sigh*...I guess its not such a Small World after all.
On the other hand, I really enjoyed Linzer Dinzer's reaction to 'Kids React'
Liking Stuff Ain't Cool - The Birth of Hipster Culture

Uploaded by on Jan 15, 2012

Lindsey "Strong people are full of love" Ahhhh I adore her for saying this! 
It makes me feel Herculean! ^.~

My thanks to MrDinglePopples for tweeting the videos 
that were the inspiration for this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment